Creating quality copy for English-speaking audiences
Writing convincingly for English-speaking markets involves more than just language skills. International businesses need effective messages that keep their target audiences reading. From planning multinational advertisement campaigns to drafting press releases for foreign investors, this seminar equips marketing and communications professionals with the tools to understand the cultural weight behind every word, paragraph and tagline they write.
- Understanding how cultural values influence writing structures and word choice
- Mastering cultural differences when writing for British, American and global audiences
- Learning strategies for understanding unfamiliar target groups
- Researching and incorporating cultural and digital trends to always stay one step ahead
- Identifying triggers to avoid and tricks to employ to create copy that sounds like it was written by an English native speaker
- Determining your own English-language writing strengths and overcoming your weaknesses
- Building techniques for mastering the international brief and explaining your stylistic choice
This seminar is open to all marketing and corporate communications professionals with a high level of competence in written English. Copywriters, marketers and content managers who work on international accounts are all welcome. This seminar can be tailored to specific company projects and target groups. Participants may bring their current briefs/projects to the seminar or make use of EnglishBusiness example material.
This seminar is held in English and focuses on the skill (as opposed to the language and grammar) of targeted English-language copywriting. We therefore recommend an advanced level of English (C1 based on the Common European Framework of Reference) for participation.
At a glance
- Two or three days (The three-day option incorporates more real-time writing practice guided by a trainer.)
- In-company seminar – max. 6 participants; dates and prices available on request
- Seminar at an EnglishBusiness training center – max. 6 participants; locations, dates and prices available on request